Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dear Diary.......

Dear Diary,

I got my third and last steroid injection on March 2oth. I was told by the doctor that I could not get another injection for another 6 months and if I am still having pain, to schedule and appointment with my neurosurgeon.

The injections have helped a lot. I am in a lot less pain than I was before the injections. I am walking a bit better, but I can not walk or stand for a long period of time. After about 15 min of walking or standing, I am in pain. This makes shopping, like grocery shopping, and running errands very difficult.

So I made an appointment with my neurosurgeon.

He told me that we might have to do surgery. He says that he wants to do a minimally invasive surgery, like laproscopic surgury. But before this, he wants to run an imaging test. The test is called a myelogram.

The exam is going to be on Friday. I have to be at the hospital by 6am, and diary, you know that I am not a morning person. I will not be able to leave until 11 am. That is five hours!

And that is not the worst part. My neurosurgeon will be taking a month off starting the Monday after my exam. This means that my follow up appointment to find out my results will not be until May. So I have to wait a month to find out what is going to happen. I think that is crazy.

That is what is going on in my life at the moment. Thank you diary for listening.


-Mike

2 comments:

  1. There is no reason you should have to wait a month to get your results; can't someone else in the office give them to you...thanks ridiculous. Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Mike!
    and I agree with Sandi, thats crazy, why can't another dr. give you the results!!!
    I'll have fingers crossed for you tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete