Monday, January 19, 2009

Poem: Can I Tell You

No blog from me today. Just a poem that I stumbled upon and thought I would share it. Let me know what are your thoughts after reading it.

Can I Tell You
by FRANCES C RODRIGUEZ

Monday, November 18, 2002

Mother how can I tell you ?
that I am gay
would you turn your back?
and walk away
for I was the little boy you
use to hug and tuck in bed,
for I do not feel shame
but want you to love me the same,
people look at me with only shame
for my life is not the same
for love comes in many different ways
and I am hoping you could understand
and love me the same
for I am the little boy you use to tuck in bed..

So please don't walk away
and hold me in your arms
and tell me you can understand
for I can not take life
if you turn your back and walk away
for life is already hard because I am gay
and people and my family cannot understand,
but I do need you to stand by my side
and give me strenght ,
for I am still your little boy who needs
you in so many ways..

Author's Note: alot of kids find it very hard to tell there parents or family nemebers that they are gay ,scare they may not be accepted by there family nemebers...
To love someone is to accepted the things they do and for who they are no matter if you feel it may be wrong ,love should be strong and accept the person for who they are no matter what or how you may feel is there happiness you seek..

1 comment:

  1. i think for me i am to show love...
    unconditionally.
    Even when my children do things that i dont approve of. I am to show them love. :)

    ReplyDelete