Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Love My Car, But Sometimes It Can Be A Pain.

I had a great week spending time with mom. Most of the time spent was shopping and eating out, haha. I took her back home on Sunday. On our way, we were going to stop at Sonic to get something to drink. That's when I found out that my window would not roll down. Great, something else I need to get fixed. When we get to mom's house, I don't even want to think about it and leave it until Monday.

On Monday, I call my brother, who knows more than I do about cars, to see if he can check up on it. He did fix the window on my mom's car, so I thought maybe he could help me. I wanted to get it fixed before going back to San Antonio. I did not want another incident at the BP checkpoint.

He comes by with all his tools. By this time, I had already removed the door panel.

He found out that it was the motor and not any loose wires or switches that was not working. So I do some internet research and find the motor I need and easy instructions on how to change it. The motor only cost me $53. This is a lot better than taking it to a service center and paying $250+ for it.

I went and bought the motor and went to start taking the old motor out. Sounds easy right? Of course not.4013775ed

The motor is behind a fiberglass panel. In the picture above, the yellow area shows were the motor is, behind the fiberglass panel. The red areas are the small areas where you have to stick your hands in to reach the motor.

Wait, that is not the worst part!

The people who changed it out the last time, did not do a very good job with the screws and bolts. In short, we had to grind off the screws. I’m glad my brother had a dremel with him.

Anyways, we got the old one out, put the new one in, and my car door is back together again with a working window.



Time to show off a bit! Hey, it’s my blog and I can if I want to!



P1010013

P1010014

camaro orange camaro red camaro blue

2 comments:

  1. Would you believe we have the same issue? Our passenger side window won't roll down and soon it will be hot outside. But we had to get the brakes done first so it will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete