Sunday, February 14, 2010

Opening Ceremonis........really......




Friday was the opening ceremonies for the Winter Olympics. Was it just me or was it kinda boring? I did like the beginning part with the celebration of the Canadian aboriginals and then the parade of nations. However, the rest of it was just so boring. I actually caught myself falling asleep.

There was also the unfortunate training accident that took the life of 21 year old Georgian luger Nodar Kumaritashvili. This was great cloud of sadness that hovered over the opening ceremonies.

The games started on Saturday and I did watch some of them including ski jumping and speed skating. I don't have any particular event that I am interested in, so I will be checking in from time to time to see what event is going on.



Happy Valentine's Day and I hope you had a great weekend! Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment