Saturday, August 22, 2009

BEDA Day 22 - Shopping!

My mom being a teacher and me being a student, we did some back to school shopping today. Mom starts work on Monday and my classes start on Wednesday. We spent most of the day shopping with a break for lunch with my grandmother.

We had lunch at IHOP. It is located right across the street from the mall so we walked and my grandma there. The IHOP here in Del Rio is ok, but it is not the best. The servers are friendly, but not very attentive to the guests.

After lunch, it was back to the mall for more shopping. While in the mall, I noticed that a stage was being set up with drums, guitars, and mics. Cool, some bands are going to be playing. So I take a seat at some chairs that were being set out and waited for the show to start. Mom went on to other stores while I rested a bit.

They were doing some sound checks and practice songs, and they sounded good(there were 2 bands). Now, before the show starts a guy comes out, gets on the mic, and starts preaching. Apparently this is a church band gathering of some sort. I still stayed to enjoy the music.

After mom was done looking around, we then went to the grocery store to pick up some items to make something for dinner.

It was a nice day, but my feet and back where begging for some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment