Sunday, August 30, 2009

BEDA Day 30 - Feeling Sick


Yesterday evening, I noticed a slight scratchy feeling in the back of my throat. At the time I didn't think much of it. This morning when I woke up, I noticed the scratchy feeling more and it felt like the beginning of a soar throat. Great, that's all I need right now is to get a cold or flu.

Usually when I get this feeling I start taking homeopathic remedies, to help reduce the severity of the cold/flu. I usually take a product called Flu Reduce by Healthy Relief. When I went to the store to buy some today, I could not find any. So I ended up getting another brand of basically the same thing. I was not about to go driving around to other stores looking for it.

As the day is passing by, I have noticed that the lymph nodes in my neck are starting to get swollen and tender. So it looks like I am at the beginning stages of a cold/flu.

I am going to continue to take the homeopathic stuff, keep hydrated, drink green tea and honey with lemon for the throat. Hopefully these will reduce the severity. After the cold/flu has hit, I will change to symptom reducing medication.

Any suggestions from you would be greatly appreciated.

That is my plan of attack and I hope it works. I just hope it doesn't get too bad, because I can not afford to miss one day of class, especially the labs.

No comments:

Post a Comment